|Relatives||Sun Wukong (ancestor)|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 23 (Akatsuki!! Otokojuku)|
|[v · t · e]|
Zhang Wukong is a Taiwanese martial artist in Akatsuki!! Otokojuku who joins Otokojuku following the World Man Cup and becomes a major character. He claims to be a descendant of the Chinese folk hero Sun Wukong.
Wukong is a short man with short, spiky light-colored hair. He initially wears a black gi, but exchanges it for an Otokojuku uniform after Shishimaru, Nobunaga, and Akashi Juzo are forced to abandon their classmates to Todo Hyoei's artificial tsunami. He distinctly wears a gold headband around his head, and is later revealed to have a monkey tail. His facial features are initially very monkey-like, but he later begins to appear more human. He wields a quarterstaff with crescent-moon blades in battle.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Major Battles Edit
- Zhang Wukong vs. Ivan Yuniveski
- Zhang Wukong vs. Tsurugi Shishimaru
- Zhang Wukong vs. Benzaiten
- Zhang Wukong vs. Raiden CLIII
- Zhang Wukong vs. Shui Zong-gui
- Zhang Wukong vs. Mettabo Taizi
- Zhang Wukong vs. Daigouin Kouki
- Zhang Wukong vs. Rosso
Appearances in Other MediaEdit
- Zhang Wukong is based on the Chinese folk hero Sun Wukong, and claims him as his distant ancestor.
- It should be noted that even among the tone-deaf students of Otokojuku, Zhang Wukong is considered to be drastically more so. Whereas the chant done by the students of Otokojuku only stirred some distaste in the audience, Wukong's singing to counter Benzaiten's shamisen was bad enough that all of his teammates covered their ears in response.